Saturday, June 23, 2012

Chicken Quesadillas

I know, I know...my post last Sunday promised more posting this week. I can't help  it if the week flies by before I realize it! Just in case you were wondering, I did NOT sit on the couch and do nothing all week. That is actually the main reason for not blogging. Turns out working full time and having a one year old keeps you kinda busy. That and Allie yells at me every time I try to get on the computer. The other day she literally pulled me off the couch (with all of the baby might she could muster) and dragged me across the room to the front door because she wanted me to take her to see the chickens.

Anyway, you will be happy to know that I made dinner most nights this week. OK I made dinner 3 nights. But that is better than none. I want to post my favorite go to recipe for a busy night. Chicken quesadillas. Nick loves them, they are quick to make, and usually I have the ingredients on hand. (I am going to apologize in advance for being a terrible recipe writer...I will do my best)

Chicken Quesadillas

Makes 4 servings

8 small flour tortillas
2-3 chicken breasts
1 package taco seasoning
Ranch dressing (I believe Hidden Valley is the only way to go when it comes to ranch)
Cheddar cheese

Cut up chicken into small cubes
Heat up frying pan (If there is one thing I have learned about cooking anything it's that the pan needs to be hot before you throw the food into it)
Put chicken into pan with taco seasoning and ranch (I don't always use the whole packet of taco seasoning, it depends on how much chicken you have. Use your judgment. I also don't have a measurement for the ranch. Again, use your judgment...enough to coat the chicken, but not so much that it is drowning) (In my defense, I warned you that I'm no good at recipe writing)
Cook chicken for 3-5 minutes or until it is cooked all the way through
Heat up another frying pan (or use the same one if you prefer)
Spread some butter on the outside of the tortillas
Place the tortilla butter side down in the hot pan. 
Put desired amount of chicken, cheese and more ranch on tortilla and cover with a second one. (haha wow I'm really terrible at explaining this but you get the idea...you've had a quesadilla before)
Flip quesadilla to brown tortilla on other side. Cook until cheese is melted.   

So there you go. My terrible explanation for making a delicious meal. Seriously though, we eat these once a week.

In other news, I had to call poison control for the first time in my life today because Allie decided to snack on some sunscreen. Apparently sunscreen isn't dangerous unless consumed in large quantities...at least now I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment