Sunday, June 17, 2012

Reset

This last week has been a little discouraging.


I started my Monday coming off of a weekend with a sick baby and not nearly enough sleep. It's hard starting the week off tired. The week was long and exhausting. I went to bed too late, ate too much, didn't exercise at all, and didn't accomplish anything.Also, Allie didn't sleep through the night once last week. I literally came home from work everyday and just sat on the couch unable to move. I felt like I never really got my feet under me. As a result, I had nothing to blog about.


I feel like this kind of thing happens a lot and it happens to all of us. We have a couple of really great weeks where we are accomplishing goals, working hard, eating right, being great parents/spouses and then BAM exhaustion hits and it all goes downhill.

I also feel like this is completely normal.


When this happens, I like to push the reset button.


This weekend, I had some time to breathe. Nick and I went to my friend Bonnie's cabin and just relaxed. It was a nice way to clear my head, get out of life for a few hours, and reset. We were able to get Allie back onto some kind of schedule and last night she finally slept through the night again. I cleaned my house, did the laundry, and caught up on some things that needed to be done. I have the rest of the day today to just relax and get ready for the week ahead. Sometimes I just need this kind of weekend. I got to spend some quality time with Nick and Allie and I feel like I am getting back on track.

Moral of the story? Life isn't easy. Parenthood isn't easy. Having a full time job and coming home to a one year old and an antsy husband who has been stuck inside all day isn't easy. Supporting a husband through school isn't easy. It's 100% exhausting. Sometimes we have bad days/weeks/months but instead of sulking into despair about how hard it all is, take a few minutes (or in my case a few days) figure out what's important and MOVE ON! The only way we are going to get any better is to keep truckin' through.


So there you have it. My inspirational speech for the day.


This week will be a better blogging week. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment