Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Snuggle up with a Book

Lately I have taken up a new hobby called reading.

I used to read a lot when I was younger, but then school came along and I haven't read more than a handful of books over the last 10 years. Even when I had time to read, I never made it to the bookstore or the library to get the books that I wanted.

Thanks to my new Kindle Fire, new books are just a click away. If I click it fast enough I can pretend that I don't have to pay for them either...

When I read a book, it is for pure enjoyment. I love to discover a new world every time I open it up. I often get way too involved in the storyline...to the point that it can be emotionally draining. Sometimes it isn't so much healthy.

Here are some of the books I have read lately...and highly recommend

I watched the movie before I read the book and didn't like it. Someone told me to give the book a chance and I found that it was way better than the movie. As most books are.

Loved the books, loved the movie.

I'm sensing a theme here...books turned into movies. I haven't seen this movie yet but I heard it wasn't that great. This is the first Nicholas Sparks book I have ever read. I don't usually like "chick flick" books but this one isn't bad. It is entertaining and a quick read.

I read this because it was on a list entitled "if you liked the hunger games you will like these" and I liked the hunger games. There are 3 books in the series. I read the first one and was too exhausted to move on. (too emotionally involved) I decided to take a break from the intensity and read The Lucky One instead. I will get back to the sequel eventually.

This series rocked. Totally awesome crazy world. Also a series of 3 books and I read them all without stopping.
Once I make it through all of my teen fiction easy reads that are for pure enjoyment, I plan to move on to something a little deeper. I think it would be cool to work my way through the New York Time's top 100 novels.

We will see if I make it. I tend to get bored if there isn't a good looking vampire or a magical world of some sort.

2 comments:

  1. I love to read!!! I have to clear my schedule though because that's all I want to do and think about once I get started in a good book! Haha I like the teen fiction easy reads too :) I enjoy reading to be entertained. Have you read the matched books? They were a good easy teen read ;) One book I really like is Enchantment by Orson Scott Card, it takes a little bit to get into, but it's really good :) if you like sci-fi Enders game and it's sequal Speaker For the Dead are classics, also by Orson Scott Card. And if you haven't checked out the library you should! Very easy to do with the kindle. But you do have to wait on some of the new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't already, you should start a goodreads.com account. It helps find books you might be interested. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete